Adelaide to Darwin on a Kalamazoo

10 04 2011

Apparently if you’re going from Darwin to Adelaide you go by unicycle, but if you are going the other way, then of course you take a kalamazoo. What’s a kalamazoo? Well they’re mentioned on my previous post Railcycles Past and Present.

See the ABC news video here. See the Kalamazoo Crossing website here. This one is in aid of the Royal Flying Doctor Service. Good luck to all involved. Say g’day to the unicyclists if you see them.





One response

11 04 2011

In NZ they are/were called “jiggers”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: